Ads 468x60px

Sample text

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

F***ING RIDICULOUS HAMMER ACTIONS



MC HAMMER'S USE OF PUBLICITY IN 2001

I guess Hammer thought "hey, not only can i try to make a comeback and try to get endorsements and be famous again, but it'll look good b/c I'm supporting my country".

WRONG. The fast lyrics, the beat, the damn fur coat DID NOT make me feel good nor uplifted me during those troubled times. As i watched friends get drafted and shipped off overseas, there was no way in hell that hearing Hammer rap about America in a fur coat (which promotes the killing of harmless polar bears) made me appreciate my country more than already being a Navy Brat. It was a waste of money and I feel sorry for anyone who had their names tied to it.

Now THIS video made me wanna scream "U.S.A!!!"



America. Fuck Yea. Hammer. Sit your ass down. C'mon son.

Obviously, it wasn't over and it wasn't his last risk at stardom again. He does make show appearance and other shit but we don't care about none of that.

Now let me state, Hammer was THE SHIT back in the day. I remember when "Cant Touch This" came out. 1990 and my fam was living in La Maddelena, Italy (small town on the island of Sardina Italy off the coast near Corsica). All I listened to was Bob Marley and Third World and dabs of Madonna and Luther Vandross. So from what i remember that's the closest i got to rap music at age 4 other than Positive K lol. Being in another country i had like few friends so to keep active, MC Hammer and Black Box kept me active in the house. So, shit 2 decades ago Hammer was the man.

Now the message from this article is that ALL PUBLICITY IS NOT GOOD PUBLICITY.

WATCH WHAT YOUR NAMED IS TIED TO PEOPLE. ESPECIALLY ARTISTS!!! Lol.

So below is the song that made Hammer hype AGAIN and got him to even make an appearance on the 2010 BET Hip Hop Awards. SMH.



As you hear, it wasn't too much publicity for Hammer but Rozay portrayed Hammer as a Dreamer (which is true) but now things have gotten way out of hand.

Next event of "Hammer Actions" are entirely fucking ridiculous. Kanye releases a song titled "So Appalled" featuring RZA, Jay Z, Pusha T, Swizz Beats and Cyhi the Prynce. Jay usually picks his battles very carefully and as a Jay fan, I must say that Jay obviously didn't think that Hammer would've taken the bar to heart- he wasn't the first rapper to diss Hammer or sarcastically make fun off his bankruptcy. Jay states, "Hammer went broke so you know I'm more focused /I lost 30 mil' so I spent another 30/ 'Cause unlike Hammer 30 million can't hurt me". It does seem out of character for Jay at this level in his career but that's the Jay we grew to love. That's a real Jay bar right there. The so IS called "So Appalled"and the hook is "Fuckin ridiculous"... Jay did is job. Now here comes Hammer trying to get it in again. its been 2 decades Hammer. I'm almost 25 now!! Stop trying to come back!!! lol

Here's an excerpt from Rolling Stones website with some quotes from and Interview with Jay Z following the Hammer video diss to Jay;

"In an interview with BBC's DJ Semtex this week, Jay said he didn't mean the verses as a personal attack.

"I didn't know that [Hammer's financial status] wasn't on the table for discussion!" he said (he laughs or sounds like he's smiling throughout nearly the entire interview). "I didn't know I was the first person ever to say that — I'm not, am I?"

He continued a bit more seriously, "When I say things, I think people believe me so much that they take it a different way — it's, like, not rap anymore at that point."


Here's the song the made Hammer so upset:



Now, yea, maybe it did hit a soft spot but Hammer is a grown ass man and that he has to realize his time was 2 decades ago. Now he's accusing Jay of worshiping the devil and visually challenging Jay to get baptized. Last time i heard, those who are quick to condemn are sinning themselves. All sin is equal sin people. SMDH.

So here's the Hammer diss video. Oh yea, its King Hammer now. Let me give the definition of "King" first and lets see if Hammer fits the description.

(a) a male monarch of a major territorial unit; especially : one whose position is hereditary and who rules for life (b) a paramount chief

Now, obvious Hammer is still alive, he's not a monarch or head of any MAJOR territorial unit or company, he's not an ancestor of a any Kings and he obviously has not ruled for life. Kings don't go bankrupt. Period.



Please understand this is just as bad as Antoine Dodson's record deal. What is our culture coming too. We're too busy pointing fingers and trying to take someone at a high position. Its not just NC, its America.

Fuck your feelings, build ya brand. Wet Set!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment