Ads 468x60px

Sample text

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BUJU BANTON FOUND GUILTY. DAMN.


In 2009, Buju Banton was convicted of conspiring to to set up a cocaine deal. Accordiung to BBC,
"Prosecutors said the singer, whose real name is Mark Myrie, told an undercover police informant he could broker the drug."

Banton testified in court that he was "boasting", and prosecutors conceded he had never put money into a deal, nor made any.

JUST last week his "Before the Dawn" album won Best Reggae Album at the Grammy Awards. I grew up on Buju Banton and I looove him. As devestating as it is for me to hear this, its even more devastating to the Reggae Industry. Buju was and still is a strong voice and figure in the genre.

In my opinion, the evidence they have is ridiculous and if he wasn't a "rasta reggae artist", he'd get probation, he'd get his bail and it wouldn't be like this. But, that's just my opinion.

For more on this case, check out THIS ARTICLE on HipHopWired

Here's my fav Buju Banton songs below. ENJOY! (FREE BUJU!)

This is my all time favorite!


This one always gives me chills!


This is a #CLASSIC


#CLUBCLASSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment