Ads 468x60px

Sample text

Thursday, June 23, 2011

R.I.P BETTY X



14 years ago today, Dr. Betty Shabazz (also known as Dr. Betty X), the wife of Malcolm X, died three weeks after results from injuries rescuing her grandson (also named Malcolm).

I remember it like yesterday. In 1997 I was in 5th grade and that was one of my years I had a phase for the love of the Muslim nation. My best friend was Chris Smith and I used to study with him and his family. I read the "Final Call" papers like it was a regular newspaper and I had contacted the Malcolm X college in Chicago and constantly wrote them because I "knew" that's the school I wanted to go to after High School. I wasn't even in Middle School yet. #TrueStory

Apparently the story was that her daughter, Qubilah" was arrested for conspiring to assassinate Louis Farrakhan. Betty took in her grandson Malcolm and he somehow set the house on fire. Betty went in the buring house to save him and was badly injured. Endign with her death June 23, 1997.

R.I.P. Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment